Las Vegas might have been built for adults, but it’s also tailor-made for kids. Take the Lied Discovery Children’s Museum: with more than one hundred hands-on exhibits ranging from art to science, it’s a spectacular (and air-conditioned!) place to take kids of all ages. For your Vegas trip consider staying at the Riviera Hotel.
The museum is divided into two floors: the first floor is geared towards wee ones, with lots of cushiony play areas and tiny, toddler-sized furniture. The second floor caters to children older than five. (A hit exhibit there is the hurricane simulator. It’s shaped like a blue phone booth and blasts out hurricane-force winds towards the child inside the booth, guaranteeing a bad hair day. Kids love it.)
Whether your child wants to pretend to be a radio DJ, do some face painting, hang out with Curious George or pretend to go grocery shopping in the miniature supermarket, there’s something for everyone here. Regular exhibits include:
– Fizz, Bubble, Pop, Wow! – Children ages five and under get to explore explosive chemistry in this fun, sparkly show.
– Cold Hard Facts – You’ll see the cold hard facts of what happens to balls, balloons, bananas and more at -320 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Air Zooka! – Curious George explains some fascinating and fun facts about science!
– Electrifying Encounters – Get ready for sparks to fly in this energetic demonstration about electricity and magnetism.
– Fun with Stuffee – What really goes on inside – and outside – the human body? Find out here!
The museum is open every day but Mondays and major holidays. Admission runs $9.50 per adult and $8.50 per child.
June 1-Sep 3
Lied Children’s Museum
833 Las Vegas Boulevard North
Las Vegas, NV 89101
(702) 382-KIDS (5437)